Monday, November 1, 2021

Pumpkin and Apple and Peach Pies, Oh My!

Happy First of November! 

I cannot believe it is already November and that Christmas is just around the corner. Wasn't August just a few weeks ago?!

 I don't know about you, dear reader, but October came out to be a very busy yet also very exciting month. I became an aunt once again when two precious nieces were born back-to-back, bringing the total number of nieces and nephews to SIX (very soon to be seven, since my other sister is due in a few weeks!)! Other events involved roast dinners with dwarves, fairy circle parties, and other such nonsensical whimsiness, all of which involved one special dessert: PIE. 

Do you love pie? I know quite a few people who would choose pie over cake for their birthday. Pie is such a versatile dish; it can be sweet, savory, fruit-filled, or stuffed with meat and potatoes. My grandfather used to make pasty, which is a pie filled with ground hamburger, potatoes, onions, and peppers. It was soo good! 

Pie is also the traditional dessert for Thanksgiving. Pumpkin, apple, mincemeat, blueberry....mmm. I remember one year my family ended up with twelve different pies to choose from! I'm the kind of girl who ends up with several slivers of each pie so I can taste them all. What are you? Do you like variety or do you prefer standard one-slice apple? (Comment below!)

To celebrate the coming of pie season (not pi day, because I missed that... XD), I have created a game for you! 


For example: I am a Creamy Chocolate Custard Pie. 

I don't object at all.... XD

Have fun and don't forget to post your answer in the comments! 


Your Birth Month

January - Creamy                       May - Mini                                   September - Pocket

February - Sweet                        June - Ice Cream                           October - French 

March - No Bake                        July - Dutch                                   November - Mixed

April - Luscious                            August - Gooey                              December - Double-layer


The First Letter of Your First Nam

A - Apple                       G - Pumpkin                        M - Pistachio                       S - Sweet Potato

B -  Cranberry                    H - Strawberry                        N - Blackberry                  T - Shoofly

C - Chocolate                       I - Pecan                   O - Strawberry Rhubarb                   U - Banoffee

D - Banana                     J - Coconut                        P - Key Lime                         V - Cheesecake

E - Turtle                   K - Mincemeat                    Q - Mounds          W - Lemon Meringue

F - Peach                        L - Blueberry                       R - Cherry                     X - Sugar

Y - Peanut Butter                       Z - Mississippi Mud


Your Favorite Color

Red - Cream

Orange - Toffee

Yellow - Silk

Green - Custard

Blue - Cookie-Crust

Violet - Streusel

Pink - Crumble

Brown - Brownie

Black - Lattice



À Bientôt!







2 comments:

  1. I love all pies!!! 😋
    I'm a Mini Coconut Custard pie... which is fine by me, but I have to admit, I was hoping for chocolate. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Gooey Mincemeat Pie with Cookie-Crust. I don't know that I've ever had mincemeat pie. XD

    ReplyDelete